Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 230-Squeel!

It was a normal day at work today. But I did learn the advantage of having a desk across from the bathrooms.

There was something a little strange. A lady was being shown the restroom and the employee showing her was treating her like someone special:

"If you need water, just let us know." "If you want anything from the vending machines, we can do that."

And I'm thinking, Okay, who is this and why is she so special?

At about 11 o'clock, she went to the bathroom again. There was an older guy with her and he asked me a question. I answered, and then the lady came out and I talked to her for a little bit. They were leaning up against my partition of my cube. And then, it happened.

Out of the men's room walks a kid. He looks at me, smiles, and says, "Hey."

"Hey." I return his smile. And then I realize something. It was David Archuleta!

He spoke to me!

As he walked away, I really wished that I weren't at my place of work or I would have taken a picture or something. But I was professional and didn't freak out or anything.
At least, not until he had walked away. Then I got out my phone and texted my friend.

The thing is? I'm not even that big of a fan. I have two of his songs on my iPod, and I think he has a great voice, but I'm not a huge fan. Still, he is famous! And I said "Hey" to him!

No comments:

Post a Comment