Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 124-The Tale of the Uncooperative Mouth Guard

Gather my children and you shall hear
a tale of much gagging and orthodonture!

Once upon a time . . .

I went to the dentist for my 6 month cleaning. While there I mentioned to them about how I had started clenching and grinding my teeth in my sleep. So, my dentist decided to make a mold for a mouth guard to wear at night. The mold was a horrible experience--I have never had to do that before, and icky! But it was over soon enough and an appointment was made for the next week so I could get my guard.

One week later:

I go to the dentist for my guard. When he puts it in to see how it fits, he discovers that it is too loose and can't do anything about it, except . . . take another mold and make another one! Lucky me. Well, my gag reflex got another exercise. Ick. And another appointment was made for the next day (today).

Now, it isn't like it's easy to get to my dentist's office. I have to borrow the parents' car and drive 45 minutes to get there. So driving it twice in two days in kind of hard. My only hope this morning was that this guard would fit.

It fit better than the last one, but the dentist was still a little concerned about it. So, I have to go back in a week to check it.

Let's hope that all of that (and the $$$) was worth it! Here's to no more headaches and a comfortable sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment